If you are an individual that has just been in a car accident, you have several options to handle the matter.
You could deal with it yourself, either directly or through insurance, which means making an insurance claim, possibly getting an increase on your premiums, and possibly having to go to court to settle who was at fault and how to get the money from the other party. Then you have to organise getting your car repaired, select a repairer you can trust, and ensure they did the job properly.
Your other option is to use a motor vehicle claims company to handle the situation for you. This option may feel out of reach for most people, but it actually isn’t anywhere near as unrealistic as it may seem.
Using a motor vehicle claims company can help you in several different ways:
- You have someone on your side who knows the car accident process like the back of their hand, and can make sure that you don’t fall into any of the common traps or pitfalls that come with dealing with these situations that can get messy. The expert will guide you to ensure you only take actions that will benefit you, such as how best to deal with a court appearance or dispute.
- Being in the industry, the motor vehicle claims company are able to put you in touch with people you may otherwise not have known about or had access to, which means you can get your car repaired to a higher standard or saving on the repair. This brings peace of mind knowing that the car is repaired properly and is now safe to drive.
- It is possible that the claim could be handled outside of insurance to keep your premiums from going up, so that you won’t be left with an ongoing cost as a result.
- Should the matter go to court, having a team of legal experts on your side can only benefit you to leave the courtroom with the best possible outcome.
- After the car is repaired, it can be assessed by professionals to ensure the repair was done right. You may not believe how often cars are not repaired properly. You don’t want to get stuck with a shoddy repair, especially in a new car where many of the safety systems rely on having been properly repaired, replaced and recalibrated. If this is not done now, you won’t be able to come back later if there is an issue to get it rectified.
After all this, most of the costs are recovered from the at-fault party, which means that you won’t be left to pay for all of this to be done. You may, quite likely, actually save more by using an expert and getting the matter resolved in your favour.
If you have just had a car accident and would like assistance getting the matter resolved, speak to us at Claims Connect today by calling us on 1800 965 111.